What is data transfer?
- Copying programs and data from one computing device to another.
- Includes duplication of overall operation of the old computing device as closely as possible in order to minimize the learning curve on the new computer.
- We offer this service for all brands, purchased from Sauve’s or not.
- This transfer is selective. We leave behind the junk or un-needed items.
- We offer electronic recycling services if required.
What is “data”?
- Favorites and bookmarks
- Desktop Icons
What are “programs”?
- Programs include Word, Quickbooks, Quicken, Chrome, antivirus, etc.
- This includes licenses, registration and data transfer.
- Email, contacts, autocomplete, and history may need to be converted to a new email program.
What does “Sanitizing” mean?
- Describes copying data from a computing device, saving it, then erasing the data from the computing device.
- Recovered data is typically stored on a flash or external drive.
- Commonly done when selling or giving away the old computer.
- Preserves anonymity.
- Includes security erase, preventing recovery.
- Part of our recycling services.
What we need to transfer data and programs
- 1 business day.
- We ask for both the old and new devices and any accessories being used such as printers or external drives.
- The work is normally done in the shop. It can be done on-site if required, but it’s much more efficient and less expensive in-shop.
Configuring Overall Operation
We make an effort to copy as closely as possible the general operation of the old computer, making the new computer follow suite. Things such as desktop icons, background images, home pages and overall layout. We add or change settings that have proven over the years to simplify computer operation.
If you’re comfortable in the way you do things, we make every effort to copy those methods into the new computer.